The Crown Steam GL-40E stationary steam kettle is powered by LP gas and uses electricity to ignite. Once heat is produced, it raises the temperature of water in the unit’s steam jacket. Steam fills the jacket and surrounds food cooking inside the kettle, enveloping it in a consistent heat source.
This Crown Steam GL-40E steam kettle is mounted on three legs. Its interior and exterior are made of stainless steel, which is great for high-volume establishments because it’s quick to clean and resists corrosion. Users can draw off excess moisture inside the cabinet using the valve, which has a perforated strainer to prevent solids from falling out.
- 40-gal. capacity
- Steam jacket around the lower 2⁄3 of the kettle
- Temperatures are controlled thermostatically
- Electronic ignition
- 2-in. draw-off valve
- Includes a perforated strainer, hinged cover, and a faucet bracket
- Interior is lined with 316 stainless steel
- Exterior is made of stainless steel
- Tri-leg base
- 100,000 BTU