Because the Garland GIR36 gas salamander broiler fits on the back of a 36-inch-wide range, adding this type of unit to a gas range increases cooking flexibility without using up kitchen space. Similar to a cheese melter, the unit can perform small tasks such as toasting bread and melting cheese, but it can also broil fish and vegetables, finish steaks, and brown chicken. It is heated by infrared burners, and these burners are controlled by high/low control valves. Featuring different heat levels, the unit can accommodate a variety of products, and the plate rack can be adjusted to different positions to alter the distance to the cooking surface.
Powered by natural gas, the Garland GIR36 range salamander broiler works best with ranges that use gas as well. It fits over the top of the open burners on the back of the range and underneath the ventilation hood. A heat shield in the bottom of the broiler minimizes escaping heat to keep the area around the range comfortable for staff. This broiler is made of stainless steel-a durable material that resists corrosion and facilitates cleaning.
- (2) 20,000-BTU infrared burners
- High/low valve control for each burner
- Spring-balanced rack assembly can be adjusted between 3 positions
- Large removable grease pan supports cleanup
- Heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant stainless steel top, front, sides, backsplash, and bottom
- Heat shield on the bottom reduces heat around the range
- Designed to be mounted on a Garland G36 range
- 40,000 total BTU
- If installation altitude is above 2,000 ft., please call customer care at (800) 431-9726 to specify.
Dimensions & Utilities
- Broiler: 351/2 in. W x 165/8 in. D x 15 in. H
- Overall: 351/2 in. W x 165/8 in. D x 34 in. H
- Powered by natural gas
- 1/2-in. NPT top gas inlet
- Gas pressure regulator
G Series Salamander Broiler, natural gas, 35-1/2″ W, for 36″ Restaurant Range, (2) 20,000 BTU infrared burners with Hi-Lo valve controls each, (3) position spring balanced rack assembly, removable grease pan, stainless steel top, front, sides, backsplash & bottom with heat shields, (price with range order), 40,000 BTU, NSF