Learn about the Mockmill 100 – the latest grain mill from the line of Mockmill grain mills. This grain mill is designed by the legendary Wolfgang Mock. Dee, from Plant Based Pros, provides a thorough overview of the very popular Mockmill 100.
Is the Kuvings EVO820 Worth the Money? Review and Buyers Guide
The Kuvings EVO820 is the newest juicer from Kuvings and an improved version of the popular Kuvings C7000. The EVO820 keeps all of the popular features that juicers fans love and has many improvements over the C7000. The EVO820 has a larger feed chute, sturdier juicing bowl, and a more streamlined design than the C7000. It is also extremely versatile and can handle everything from healthy juices to delicious sorbets. Let’s go through the upgrades on the EVO820
Kuvings EVO820 Overview
The Kuvings EVO820 is a masticating juicer that spins at an easy 60 rpm. The low speeds ensure that your juice will come out with all of it’s nutrients and enzymes intact. High-speed juicers generate a lot of heat that breaks down nutrients in your juice. Additionally, high speed juicers introduce a lot of oxygen into your juice that causes them to go bad very quickly. Some juices start to turn brown within 10-15 minutes of leaving a centrifugal juicer. Juices produced in your EVO820 cold press juicer will last for 2-3 days so you can prepare your juices in advance. This is extremely helpful if you work long hours or spend every day on the go.
We visited the Catskill Animal Sanctuary in New York last weekend. It was a great way to learn all about the farm industry and to give back.
The sanctuary is located about 2 hours North of NYC, right near Woodstock. It is a beautiful and magical ride through the rural areas of New York.
Catskill opened its doors in 2001 in New York’s Hudson Valley. It’s comprised of 148 acres. Kathy Stevens, the founder, established it as a place of refuge for farm animals rescued from cruelty, neglect and torture. It currently houses about 11 species of farm animals and 400 residents.
Learn about the newest Kuvings EVO820 – the latest model from the line of Kuvings cold press masticating vertical juicers. Dee, from Plant Based Pros, provides a thorough overview of the newest juicer model for 2019.
Tribest Greenstar Pro GS-P502 Juicer Review
The Tribest GS-P502 is one of the more popular twin-gear juicers that we carry. This juicer has specially designed twin gears that extract the maximum amount of nutrients from your produce. You can feed a wide range of produce into the GS-P502, ranging from hard carrots to leafy greens. This juicer can also be used to make nut butters, breadsticks, and frozen fruit sorbets.
One of the major benefits of the GS-P502 is the commercial certification. It is commercial ETL sanitation certified and commercial electric certified. This allows you to use the GS-P502 in your restaurant or juice bar since it is compliant with health service requirements.
- Heavy Duty: The GS-P502 is a heavy duty juicer that can provide enough juice for large families or small commercial shops. The heavy duty motor has a cooling fan to prevent the juicer from overheating. This allows you to continuously juice for half an hour.
- Maximum Nutrient Retention: The Tribest GS-P502 motor spins at 110 RPM so your nutrients will not get destroyed during the juicing process. This juicer slowly extracts your juice to keep the enzymes intact. The slow speeds also prevent oxidization so you can store your juices for up to 72 hours.
- Safe Materials: The twin gears are made out of stainless steels so your produce will be ground up with safe materials. The stainless steel gears are much more durable than the plastic augers commonly found in juicers.
- Bioceramic and Magnetic Technology: The gears have bioceramic and magnetic materials in the interior. This technology extracts more nutrients from your produce and increases the juices shelf life.
- Specially-Engineered Gears: The gears have additional cutting points and pockets in the gears to efficiently juice your produce. The additional cutting points are perfect for stringy vegetables and prevents clogging. The pockets in the gears are perfect for hard vegetables and allow your juicer to run smoothly.
- Warranty: The 15-year warranty for home use is one of the better warranties for juicers. This juicer also has a 3-year warranty for commercial use, which is better than the standard commercial juicer warranty.
- Simple to Clean: The GS-P502 comes with a brush and scraper that make cleaning a breeze. These tools speed up the cleaning process so you can enjoy your juice and focus on what’s important.
Mini Classic CT Water Distiller Introduction
The Mini Classic CT Water Distiller is one of the most popular water distillers on the market. It provides great tasting distilled water and is simple to use. The Mini Classic CT is a countertop unit so it does not need to be connected to a water source. It is also compact so you can move it from room to room or use it away from home. Finally, this water distiller is made from stainless steel so you can depend on it for years to come.
What is a Water Distiller
A water distiller purifies water and removes contaminants such as metals and inorganic materials. The water distiller does this by heating water up to the boiling point and turning it into steam. Contaminants have much higher boiling points so they remain in the impure water. The steam is transferred away from the impure water and cooled. The pure distilled water is collected in a jar and the contaminants are left in the boiling chamber. This is very similar to what happens in nature when water evaporates and falls as pure rain.
How to Use Mini Classic CT Water Distiller
The Mini Classic Water Distiller is very easy to use. First you fill the three-liter boiling chamber with tap water and return it to the distiller. Make sure you have the collection jar in place and turn the distiller on. The Mini Classic CT will run for about 3.5 hours and automatically turn off once three liters of water has been purified. There will be a little bit of water left in the boiling chamber since this extends the life of the unit. The purified water can be easily poured out of the open top of the collection jar.
Alkaviva H2 Water Ionizer Introduction
The Alkaviva H2 water ionizers are some of the top water ionizers on the market. They remove unhealthy contaminants from your water and ionize the water to provide health benefits to you. A water ionizer helps you stay hydrated, increases alkalinity of water (7.0 pH to 9.5 pH) and increases water’s antioxidant potency.
Using slightly acidic water is great for plants as well as your skin and hair. Using a strong alkaline water (11.0 pH) is great for removing chemicals from produce. A strong acidic water (2.5 pH) works well as a household cleaner or antiseptic for cuts.
Alkaviva H2 Water Ionizer Overview
There are three different models of Alkaviva H2 water ionizers that have five to nine plates. The Vesta model has nine plates, Athena has seven plates, and Melody II has five plates. These plates are made with mesh and allow the water ionizers to produce alkaline water similar to much larger water ionizers.
The water ionizers allow you to select from 4 alkaline and 4 acidic set points along with a standard neutral pH option. The final option is great for times when you do not want alkaline water.
The Alkaviva water ionizers have valves in the front that allow you to control the flow rate through the ionizer. This enables you to change the pH of the water to your tastes.
Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner. If you’re like us then you’re craving something healthy and delicious to eat. Look no further. These vegan buffalo cauliflower wings are perfect for the big game. They are easy to make and taste amazing. The wings are so good that they will convert some of your friends into vegans!
Let’s get started!
The first step is to create the breading. This helps the wings stay juicy on the inside and crisp on the outside. Mix flour, water, and garlic powder until it is nice and smooth. Feel free to add additional spices, such as paprika or crushed red pepper. Dip the cauliflower wings in the breading until they are completely covered. Then transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet.
Omega VSJ843QS Juicer Review
The Omega VSJ843QS is one of the most popular juicers that we offer. Additionally, it is one of the top masticating juicers on the market and is great for soft produce. This is perfect for anyone who enjoys sweet juices made from grapes, blueberries, or strawberries. The Omega VSJ series has five different configurations but they are identical despite the external differences. The two most popular configurations are the Omega VSJ843QS (square juicer) and VSJ843RS (round juicer). This review will focus on the VSJ843QS but everything is applicable for the VSJ843RS. Let’s jump into the review and see if the Omega juicers are for you.
- Long Juice Storage: The VSJ843 has a new motor that spins at 43 RPM. A slow motor separates the juice from your pulp without destroying the nutrients. The slow speeds also prevent oxidization so you can store your juices for up to 72 hours. The previous model rotated at 80 RPM so the updated version is significantly better.
- Improved Juice Yield: The juicer has a redesigned dual-edge auger with a tighter fit. This allows the juicer to extract more juice from your produce, reducing your grocery bill.
- Safe Materials: The juicing bowl is made with BPA-free materials. This ensures that your juices will not touch any toxic materials.
- Simple to Clean: The juicer does not have any gears so cleaning is significantly easier than before. Previous Omega VRT juicers had these gears, which made cleaning time consuming and tedious.
- No Leaking: The Omega VSJ843QS has a redesigned lining for the juicing bowl. This lining provides a better seal and prevents leaks and spills. This allows you to juice without the hassle of cleaning a messy countertop afterwards.
- Warranty: The 15-year warranty is one of the better warranties for juicers. This gives you peace of mind that your juicer will continue to function and provide high quality juices for years to come.
- Quiet Juicer: This juicer motor spins at slow speeds and this allows the juicer to operate quietly. You can finally run your juicer while talking on the phone or in the presence of sleeping children.
- Masticating Juicer: Masticating juicers spin at slow speeds that give a very high yield of juice. This means that you get the maximum amount of juice from every fruit or vegetable that you put in.
Introduction to Juicing
Are you ready to improve your mind, body, and health? Are you trying to lose a few pounds as a New Year’s resolution or get your body beach ready? If so, then read on! Juicing may be the perfect answer for you. It is a great way to lose excess baggage, improve your mental clarity, and improve the way you look.
This article will provide an introduction to juicing, discuss the benefits of juicing, and go through the main types of juicers.
What is Juicing?
Juicing is the process of extracting juices from vegetables and fruits. The juice is separated from the dry pulp and consumed as a tasty drink. It is loaded with healthy enzymes, nutrients, and vitamins that are beneficial for your body.
Why Should I Juice?
Juicing provides all of the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables, plus more. Juicing separates the nutrient-dense juice from the pulp so it is concentrated and easy to digest. This gives your body vitamins, anti-inflammatory compounds, and antioxidants that are easily absorbed. Your body will get a quick boost of natural and long-lasting energy. Additionally, the juice will clean undesired toxins out of your body. This process will give you mental clarity, more radiant skin, and improved health. Juicing is also great to consume the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables if you get full easily.