Not all greenhouses are built the same and the Monticello line of greenhouses by Riverstone Industries proves this to be true. Constructed from the highest quality extruded aluminum (US grade – not the thinner & more brittle foreign aluminum) and electrostatically painted (Black with a guarantee to contain 0.0% lead for the 4-BK), our greenhouse uses on average more than 40 lbs more aluminum than the average imported greenhouse. Why is this important? The weaker the framework the less snow the greenhouse can hold in the wintertime before collapsing on itself also the easier it will get damages in wind. While most hobby greenhouses on the market us less expensive thinner walls and roofing materials (the crystal clear walls are as thin as 0.2 mm.), the Monticello uses professional grade 8 mm. twin wall polycarbonate.
This is the same thickness as used in commercial greenhouses. The twin wall polycarbonate acts as a double pain window keeping cooler air in during warm months and insulating the greenhouse from cold air in the wintertime. This not only makes the Monticello more efficient to grow in for a longer period of time than other greenhouses but it also adds to the efficiency of growing, cutting down electric bills for those who choose to grow year round. With the average greenhouse on the market today taking a solid weekend to assemble it is easy to see why so many greenhouse owners say that the top issue in the first 2 months of ownership is the actual set-up.
We listened to the owners and took the construction process into consideration when designing the Monticello. Through a combination of using superior materials that are more rigid and creating interchangeable parts in our design, the Monticello takes the average gardener 4 hours to assemble the 8 x 8 ft. greenhouse while using much fewer parts. At 7 ft. 6 in. tall at the peak the Monticello’s above average interior height design also helps with displacing heat within the greenhouse while also allowing for the tallest gardeners not to have to bend down when inside the greenhouse. From the integrated base to the built in rainwater gutter system, to the automatic roof vent opener and the low profile double sliding doors that open to 4 ft. 6 in. you are sure to enjoy the Monticello greenhouse for years to come. The Monticello also offers the ability to grow as your needs grow with the 4 ft. extension kit that can be purchased anytime in the future. You get what you pay for and with the Monticello, this rings true. For the gardener that is looking for a mid-priced greenhouse system that will supply years of hassle-free indoor gardening this is the greenhouse for you.
- Limited Warranty period: 10 Years
The founders of Riverstone Industries have brought their decades of greenhouse experience to the new Monticello Black Greenhouse. It features classic gable styling and is a beautiful addition to any garden. This extension kit allows you to extend your greenhouse by 4′, providing more growing room for your plants.
Every aspect of the Monticello has been designed for durability. The frame is made of the highest quality extruded aluminum and the roof has dual joists to withstand high snow loads. The greenhouse is coated with a special UV protectant to prevent discoloration, and it comes with an industry-leading 10 year warranty.
The panels are of the highest quality as well, as the Monticello includes 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate wall and roof panels that are both UV-stablilized and impact resistant. These provide much more insulation than the typical 4mm or single-wall panels found on other units, and are the same panels used in commercial-grade greenhouses.
The Monticello extension kit is designed to be assembled in just four hours or so depending on how much help you have with just common household tools. Features like quick-connect screws, the integrated base, and the integrated gutter and downspout system speed up the process.
The tall interior height of the greenhouse gives you plenty of working space for even the tallest plants. The Monticello provides the durability of a commercial greenhouse with the practicality of a hobby unit, ensuring that it will provide your family enjoyment for years to come.
- Model: Mont-4-BK (Black) / Mont-4-AL (Aluminum)
- Dimensions: 8′ 1″ width x 4′ 1″ length x 7′ 6″ interior peak height
- Side wall height: 4′ 10″
- Color: aluminum / black
- Frame is made of heavy duty extruded aluminum that is UV protected and electrostatically painted black
- Commercial-grade 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate roof panels are UV-stabilized, impact-resistant, and give the highest insulation for the lowest operating cost
- Integrated flush base design
- Extension kits includes an additional roof vent with automatic opener to prevent overheating: 2′ width x 2′ length
- Integrated rain water gutter system with downspout
- Designed for easy assembly in a full weekend with common household tools and all parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled
- All the necessary heavy-duty galvanized hardware is included
- Includes clear and fully-illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Elegant design to fit any yard
- Perfect for growing in all climates
- Snow load capacity of 24 lbs. per sq. ft.
- Wind load of 65 MPH
- This extension kit is only designed for Riverstone Monticello greenhouses; please let us know if you have any questions at all
- Ships in 1 box: 58″ x 27″ x 6″
- Shipping weight: 66 lbs.
- Proudly made in the USA by Riverstone and ships direct from their Georgia factory within days
- 10 year warranty