This Southbend HDG-60 gas griddle sports a 1-inch-thick polished steel griddle plate to resist warping and retain heat for high-volume, long-term use. Each 12-inch section of the 60-inch-wide by 24-inch-deep cooking surface is heated by a 30,000-BTU burner, which is controlled by a thermostat. Offering a 200- to 400-degree-Fahrenheit temperature range to accommodate various cooking methods, the controls are imbedded into the thermostat to monitor temperatures. If the pilot burns out, an internal flame failure safety mechanism shuts down the unit to ensure safety.
Made of stainless and aluminized steel, the Southbend HDG-60 commercial griddle is designed to fit on a countertop or mobile rack. It’s lifted on 4-inch adjustable legs, preventing heat damage to the surface it sits on and increasing cleanable surface area beneath the unit. Along the rear and sides of the griddle plate, a 5-inch rear splash guard and 4-inch side splash guards prevent oil and fat from popping onto the operator or nearby surfaces to streamline grease removal into the grease drawer.
- Stainless steel front, vent, and sides
- Aluminized steel rear and bottom panels
- Double-walled sides are reinforced and insulated
- 1-in.-thick steel griddle plate
- (5) 30,000-BTU burners
- Thermostatic controls
- Temperature range: 200-400 degrees F
- Imbedded thermostatic sensing
- 5 cook zones
- 4-in. adjustable legs
- 5-in. rear splash guards and 4-in. side splash guards
- Grease drawer
- Exhaust vent and flue opening are protected
- Flame failure safety mechanism
- Instant-on design
- Side clearances: 12 in.
- Rear clearance: 8 in.
- 150,000 BTU
Dimensions & Utilities
- Cooking surface: 60 in. W x 24 in. D
- Overall: 60 in. W x 31.75 in. D x 16 in. H
- 3/4-in. rear gas connection