To resist corrosion, dents, and scratches, the Southbend HDO-24 hotplate has a strong stainless steel front and sides. Its 4-inch legs stabilize the unit on uneven countertops, and when not needed, the legs can be removed to reduce the height. Heat is provided by four open-top burners, and cookware sits on 12-inch cast iron grates, which are flat so that cookware can be slid over without lifting.
Heat is created with natural gas and adjusted by high/low knobs on the front. Each burner has its own controls, so individual burners can be turned on or off as needed. Preventing damage and user injury, a bull-nose edge on the Southbend HDO-24 hotplate front protrudes beyond the controls. To reduce cleanup time, the grates are removable, and a crumb tray under the burners catches debris.
- 4 clog-resistant, open-top burners
- Removable, 12-in. cast iron grates evenly distribute heat
- High/low controls for each burner
- Bull-nose edge prevents burns when adjusting controls
- Strong stainless steel front and sides resist rusting
- Full-width stainless steel crumb tray catches debris under the burners
- 4-in. stainless steel legs are adjustable on uneven floors
- Legs are removable to change height
- 3/4-in. rear gas connection and pressure regulator
- 132,000 BTU
Dimensions & Utilities
- 24.5 in. W x 33.25 in. D x 11 in. H
Hotplate, countertop, 24″, (4) 33,000 BTU open burners, manual controls, removable cast iron grates & crumb tray, stainless steel front, sides & 4″ adjustable legs, 132,000 BTU, CSA, NSF (Note: Qualifies for Southbend’s Service Firstâ„¢ Program, see Service First document for details)