The Vulcan VG30 tilt skillet has a stainless steel front, back, and sides that enhance strength and resist rusting, and it is mounted on 12-inch legs that are equipped with adjustable flanged feet. These feet maintain stability on uneven floors and can be secured to the ground with bolts, and the front-hinged, polished stainless steel pan body increases durability. The pan body has gallon markings so users can keep up with ingredients. Coved corners in the pan eliminate crevices so food particles will not get trapped. A steel plate is bonded to the stainless steel cooking surface, and the full-width, 4-inch return flange has a formed pouring lip that directs food into a container placed below. A removable strainer is included to separate liquid and solid food when necessary.
The spring-assisted cover on this tilting skillet has a cool-touch handle, along with a condensate lip that directs moisture to prevent dripping. Vented cooking is encouraged by the stop-in-place lid, and the non-enclosed faucet mounting bracket is field reversible to accommodate different kitchen layouts. A drop-away food receiving pan support is mounted under the pouring lip, while the manually operated anti-jam pan tilting mechanism is equipped with a removable handle. This skillet can perform various tasks for cooking by emulating the performance of pressureless steamers and steam-jacketed kettles.
The Vulcan VG30 skillet can be tilted fully in approximately 30 crank revolutions of the hand mechanism. When the pan is tilted 5 degrees, the burners shut off for operator safety. This unit’s electronic ignition system provides automatic burner lighting and comes with a combination gas valve and built-in regulator. Its solid-state temperature controls are adjustable, with a range from 50 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. The skillet’s controls are enclosed in a watertight housing for protection.
- 30-gal. capacity
- (1) 30,000-BTU burner per 12-in. pan width
- Front-hinged, polished stainless steel pan is durable and rust resistant
- Pan body contains embossed gallon markings and coved interior corners
- Steel plate is bonded to durable stainless steel cooking surface
- Full-width, 4-in. return flange constructed with formed pouring lip and removable strainer
- Stainless steel, spring-assisted cover equipped with wrap around, cool-to-the-touch handle and condensate lip
- Lid stops in place, accommodating vented cooking applications
- Field-reversible faucet mounting bracket is non-enclosed with L-bracket at either side
- Drop-away food receiving pan support mounted under pouring lip
- Manually operated anti-jam pan tilting mechanism features removable handle
- Approximately 30 crank revolutions fully tilts the pan and completely empties its contents
- Burners shut off when pan tilts 5 degrees
- Automatic burner lighting provided by electronic ignition system
- Temperature range: 50-425 degrees F
- Enclosures and controls are watertight
- Front, sides, and back constructed of stainless steel
- 12-in. legs come with adjustable flanged feet
- Combination built-in regulator with gas valve
Dimensions & Utilities
- Cooking surface area: 29 in. x 23 in.
- Maximum pan opening: 31 in. x 28 in.
- Overall: 36 in. W x 351/2 in. D x 401/2 in. H
- Uses natural gas or liquid propane
- 3/4-in. rear gas connection
- 120 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Braising Pan, natural gas or liquid propane, 30-gallon capacity, 36″ wide open base, manual tilt, 9″ deep stainless steel pan with gallon markings, pouring lip & removable strainer, spring assist cover with drip edge, pan holder, solid state control, includes L faucet bracket, electric ignition, 12″ stainless steel legs with adjustable flanged feet, 90,000 BTU, CSA Flame, CSA Star, UL EPH Classified