- The Baking Steel Skinny Griddle is a beast in the kitchen. Virtually indestructible and pre-seasoned with our proprietary oil, the American-made Griddle is up for any culinary challenge.
- Weighing in at 23 lbs, and cutting a silhouette of 20 x 11.5 x 3/8”, The Griddle is thick but also easy to store. Or just leave this slab on your oven, it’s beautiful. It practically doubles the size of our Mini Griddle.
- The Skinny Griddle has a dual personality. And that’s a good thing. One side is our classic Baking Steel, but flip it upside down and you have the “world’s best consumer cooking surface”. J. Kenji López-Alt‘s words not ours.
- The Skinny Griddle is great on a stovetop, induction plate, and even as a cold plate after its been frozen. Cook with us on top of your gas, induction or electric stovetops, grills, and ovens. Get superb results EVERY TIME.
- It’s great for rustic breads, pizza (naturally), breakfasts, meat, it’s just great. You need this in your life.
- Cook anything, any time, any place. Perfectly. Create some love with the Baking Steel Skinny Griddle.
- Cleaning it? Piece of cake. Grab a bench scraper to make it even easier.
Say “hello” to the Baking Steel Skinny! This 20”x 11.5”x 3/8” slab of steel functions exactly like the Original Baking Steel on one side, but sports an additional polished surface and grease channel on the flip side to convert it into a fully functional stovetop griddle. If you are not familiar with the traditional Baking Steel, Kenji Lopez-Alt of Serious Eats fame has hailed it “the most impressive home pizza product” he’s ever tested.
The Skinny was designed with griddle lovers in mind. It fits perfectly over two burners and heats up in a flash! It’s a two-for-one dream machine: stash it in your oven to bake the perfect pizza on one side or flip it onto your stove top or grill to cook a variety of dishes from eggs, to burgers, to english muffins. Boom what?! Restaurant quality plancha right at home!
The Skinny is a heavy-duty kitchen companion weighing-in at 23 lbs, but as with the Original Baking Steel, the weight is what makes it work so well. The Skinny will turn your standard home oven into an industrial powerhouse by reaching temperatures upwards of 700 degrees! It’s perfect for high temperature searing and baking, but can also handle lower temperatures for more delicate recipes, such as eggs and pancakes on the stovetop. No problem!
The Skinny plays nice with just about any type of stovetop, including gas, electric and even induction. And, if the great outdoors is more your scene, the Baking Steel Skinny works on your grill.
Traditional cookware, such as a pizza stone or an aluminum griddle, heats up just as quickly as steel, but does not conduct heat as efficiently. Baking Steel differentiates from other kitchen products due to its ability to distribute heat more evenly, providing an overall hotter surface. Thick-gauge steel and high volumetric heat capacity allow the Baking Steel Skinny to contain unparalleled amounts of energy long after the heat-source is turned off. That’s hot!
Olivia Rogers –
It’s useful to me every morning when I make breakfast for the family. The stove top option is working wonders in my kitchen. Not only can it be cleaned easily, it’s also easy to store since it’s durability did not compromise size. Kudos for a wonderful product like the Baking Steel Skinny!
Jenna R. –
Absolutely love the Baking steel. Pizza stones can’t do bread as perfect as the steel sheets. Steel pans on the other hand doesn’t give that signature crisp crust of pizza. I love making both and the Skinny gave me what I wanted. Now I can serve bread to my kids in the morning and make pizzas for dinner. It can adapt to anything and I have no complaints with cleaning this because everything is just made easy. To test both mine and the baking steel’s limits, I tried marrying a pizza and a bun together and made a pizza burger. It’s an absolute new favorite and my kids get excited whenever I pull out the Skinny from the shelf.