Omega VSJ843QS Juicer Review
The Omega VSJ843QS is one of the most popular juicers that we offer. Additionally, it is one of the top masticating juicers on the market and is great for soft produce. This is perfect for anyone who enjoys sweet juices made from grapes, blueberries, or strawberries. The Omega VSJ series has five different configurations but they are identical despite the external differences. The two most popular configurations are the Omega VSJ843QS (square juicer) and VSJ843RS (round juicer). This review will focus on the VSJ843QS but everything is applicable for the VSJ843RS. Let’s jump into the review and see if the Omega juicers are for you.
- Long Juice Storage: The VSJ843 has a new motor that spins at 43 RPM. A slow motor separates the juice from your pulp without destroying the nutrients. The slow speeds also prevent oxidization so you can store your juices for up to 72 hours. The previous model rotated at 80 RPM so the updated version is significantly better.
- Improved Juice Yield: The juicer has a redesigned dual-edge auger with a tighter fit. This allows the juicer to extract more juice from your produce, reducing your grocery bill.
- Safe Materials: The juicing bowl is made with BPA-free materials. This ensures that your juices will not touch any toxic materials.
- Simple to Clean: The juicer does not have any gears so cleaning is significantly easier than before. Previous Omega VRT juicers had these gears, which made cleaning time consuming and tedious.
- No Leaking: The Omega VSJ843QS has a redesigned lining for the juicing bowl. This lining provides a better seal and prevents leaks and spills. This allows you to juice without the hassle of cleaning a messy countertop afterwards.
- Warranty: The 15-year warranty is one of the better warranties for juicers. This gives you peace of mind that your juicer will continue to function and provide high quality juices for years to come.
- Quiet Juicer: This juicer motor spins at slow speeds and this allows the juicer to operate quietly. You can finally run your juicer while talking on the phone or in the presence of sleeping children.
- Masticating Juicer: Masticating juicers spin at slow speeds that give a very high yield of juice. This means that you get the maximum amount of juice from every fruit or vegetable that you put in.
Improvements in Omega VSJ843QS Juicer
The Omega VSJ juicers are updated versions of the Omega VRT juicers. Omega has made several improvements to these juicers.
The first major improvement to the Omega VSJ843QS juicer is the upgraded motor. The motor spins at a slower speed in order to preserve nutrients. Previous motors spun at 80 RPM so the current speed of 43 RPM is twice as slow. This results in less oxidation and less frothy juices. Air in your juices cause them to expire quickly, so juices from the Omega VSJ843QS will have a much longer shelf life.
The next major improvements are the upgraded auger and strainer. The Omega VSJ843QS uses a dual-blade auger instead of a single blade. This allows the juicer to easily cut through fibrous vegetables along with frozen fruits. Omega has also redesigned the strainer to give it a tighter fit. The smaller clearance increases how much juice is squeezed out of your produce. Therefore, you will have a drier pulp and smoother juice.
Finally, Omega has increased the size of the pulp extraction chute to prevent the pulp from clogging the juicer. This is a major problem in other vertical juicers where you constantly have to unclog the juicer. The larger chute will increase the flow of pulp and decrease the amount of time required to extract juice.
What Can the Omega VSJ843QS Juice?
The Omega VSJ843QS is extremely versatile and works well with a variety of fruits and vegetables. You can use it on grapes and carrots without any preparation. Oranges and apples need to be cut into quarters in order to go through the juicer. The VSJ843QS can juice wheatgrass but it should be combined with additional produce to help extract the juice. Similarly, spinach and kale should be combined with cucumbers or carrots in order to push them through.
Is the VSJ843QS Easy to Clean?
The juicer has been completely redesigned in order to maximize juice extraction and minimize pulp residue inside the juicer. This decreases how much time is required for cleanup since the majority of the pulp ends up in your pulp jar. Additionally, all of the parts are dishwasher safe so you can have a clean juicer with the press of a button. Please be sure to put all of the parts on the top rack and rinse the parts as soon as you use them. This will prevent pulp from drying onto your juicer and making it more difficult to clean. Here’s a quick video showing the cleanup process for the juicer.
The Omega VSJ juicers have been completely redesigned and are much better than the older VRT juicers. The juicer has a slow motor that retains juice nutrients and allows you to store your juices for up to three days. The parts have also been updated to tighten clearances and extract as much juice as possible. This will give you smooth juices and very dry pulps. Finally, the juicer is very quiet so you can operate it without waking everyone in your home.